There is a big change in the travel industry… That is a fact.
There have been bankruptcies and the travel agents have been through crisis that we have been afraid to face or even to talk about… Maybe it is useless. Maybe they don’t need us anymore….
No, not really. And there is a reason for that… not everyone can be a travel expert and much less in an unknown area or country.
Have you ever tried to fix a pipe using a You Tube video? I have… At least 80% of the time I end up calling a plumber with the frustrating feeling of having lost money, time and pride.
With traveling is even worse… It happens on a precious time… the one and only time you give to yourself: Your vacations.
So, we are going to tell you seven quick reasons to use a true travel expert in a true Travel Agency.
- Knowledge: These are people that are dedicated to travel. They know the place, the choices, and the promos. They know what you don’t know, the best eating places, stores, and most convenient hotels for your needs.
- Time: Time, especially on vacation is NOT elastic. Your work time is not elastic, your resting time is not elastic, and especially your travel time is not to be wasted. Travel Agents know where to look at the first click.
- Rates: By now we all know that Travel agents get the same or better rates that you can get on the Internet. (They work on commission… from the hotels, not from you).
- Resources: If there is a problem on the trip a professional travel agency knows where and who to talk at once.
- Emergencies: If something wrong happens… You have someone to call.
- Safety: A travel agent won’t put you at risk… Period. Is their business. And they have a reputation to watch.
- Relations: Travel agents live where you are visiting, they know the hotel managers, they have drinks together every now and then, they can get the best deals… For you.