If there is something we must thank in the tropics is that once past the holidays, we still have plenty of time to enjoy extremely warm and sunny days, which are counteract the cold and the few hours of light, currently in the Northern Hemisphere.
Then there is no excuse for us and all of our visitors to enjoy it and why not do it in a sustainable way?
Here are some tips:
- Do not stay indoors, enjoy outdoor activities and sports. Your mind and body will thank you. Nothing better than walking on the beach or a hike in the forest, it’s way better that spending all day in an artificial environment consuming energy. You do not even have to go very far or spend a lot of money to find such an environment in Costa Rica, and you can do it both individually and as a group.
- Take advantage of the sunlight and the freshness of late afternoon or evening; we can do it in terraces or patios instead of indoors in the AC environment of the hotels. And with you significant other, a dinner by candlelight is always more romantic than with electric light.
- Take advantage of natural lighting and ventilation. The best idea is to live and take vacations in environments that structurally allow us to take advantage of these factors. Is not always possible, but there will be things to improve: for example, use cooler and brighter spaces for more frequent activities, use colors that relax and reduce the sensation of heat, ventilate the different rooms to make them more pleasant and, at your room, turn off the AC and open the balconies and terraces.
- If despite all of the above you cannot avoid the use of air conditioning, acclimatize the room with a moderate temperature instead of abruptly lowering the temperature to the maximum.
- Also, do not forget to turn it off when not in use. It is, unfortunately, usual to see people wearing sweaters and even getting sick because the air conditioning is excessive.
- Think about enjoying fresh food that does not require cooking. It is faster and practical, it is also rich and will save energy. It is also ideal for walking outdoors.
Sunny season in Costa Rica is a period also where the water begins to scarce, so use the one you need without wasting. Avoid using the car less and walk more.
The weather is beautiful, let’s take care of it together.
Source: El Financiero